Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hey Everyone!

Sorry that I have not been around and talking on the blog site for too long. It had become very busy here and between everything happening both with my experience in Barcelona as well as class work. I have a video put out that shows our experience through Southern Spain. Unfortunately due to a lack of time and lots of work I was not able to put many special effects in so it is rather bland but I hope you enjoy it and pictures both from the video and more will be on a slideshow soon. To get caught up we have gotten through two projects in studio and are continuing with the other circiulum in all of our other classes. I have recently come back from my trip as I traveled over our spring break. There will be pictures and another video coming up as soon as I get caught up with everything that needs catching up. Also there is one large change which has occured and has made me slightly hesitant to post anything new.
Being that this blog site is in part with one of my classes the blog needs to have a more research based theme and intention within relation to our studies here in Barcelona. So in deciding an architectural element to explore but still being able to enjoy it and make it interesting the theme to my page will be "Places that I've run." One of my friends Michael Doster runs with me in the mornings and in order to keep ourselves in shape as well as further our exploration of Barcelona. So a series of small studies and researches including pictures, sketches, and diagrams will be posted in order to show areas that we run. Explorations in the urban design, plans, sections, and even just buildings that appear to be of some interest will be documented.
So from here on in it will be a more architectural and experiential then it was before. Also I will try to be as rigorous with this site as I was when I started. So I apologize forthe delay and shortage of info and from here on in hopefully I can pick it up.
Here's the video enjoy!

1 comment:

Adrienne Jenkins said...

Nice to see your update on the blog. I see your apologies about no fancy special effects, the delay in loading about the video, blah, blah. No one expects fancy, schmantzy time consuming flashy effects. You've got great images but they are less meaningful without and context or explanation. I would consider, selecting 1 image that summarizes an idea or issue and exploring that in your post. Get the basics down first. Content first, flash later. You're pretty close.